|Monday||:||08:30 AM-12:30 PM|
|Tuesday||:||08:30 AM-12:30 PM|
|Wednesday||:||08:30 AM-12:30 PM|
|Thursday||:||08:30 AM-12:30 PM|
|Friday||:||08:30 AM-12:30 PM|
"ARPHEN (Association of Rural People for Health and Educational Needs) was established in 1986 and works for the development of about 50,000 quarry workers , Tribals, Industrial workers and slum dwellers in Navi Mumbai and Mumbai . Specifically in Thane Belapur belt and Kharghar of Navi Mumbai who live in unhygienic conditions. The organisation along with net working organisational partners Facilitates the provision of basic health care and education for the community along with exciting govt support, the focus is on capacity building and empowerment of the people through groups and assisting them in developing access to basic facilities.
Arphen believes in developing strong linkages between govt and N G Os who are our committed partners to work towards achieving cent percent school enrolment, full empowerment , good health and basic amenity with right to living. People behind ARPHEN are the professional social workers, who have wide range of experience in community development .
1. Every Child deserves the right to child hood, education, health and participation in matters concerning their life
2. Every person deserves dignity, shelter, safety, basic health care, education, employment and a decent life.
3. Empower the rural and urban poor with information, awareness , capacity and sensitize the mainstream communities to accept and integrate rural poor in the process of development.
4. Improving and availing food security to the poor with the key strategies for developmental programs.
5. Reduce the Transaction Risk of HIV/AIDs by promoting Awarness. Target Area 84 quarry inhabitant in the Thane Belapur quarry belt, Inudstrial workers of MIDC area & near by slums. All areas put together we are targeting 50000 people including migrants. Target population The people living in the quarries , Industries and slums comprise of Skilled & unskilled workers from rural areas of Maharashtra, who moved there for work. Some of them have been living there for 15-20 years. The main language is Marathi, although some people speak Hindi. Living Conditions Most people live in basic shelters provided by the quarry owners and are dependent on water trucks making daily deliveries. Thick dust constantly obscures the hills, covers the workers’ shacks and coats the peoples’ lungs. The heavy monsoon also causes problems.The Slum and industry workers either live in small huts or in the Industry itself. Although the quarry owners provide the people living in the quarries with free houses and electricity, most quarry inhabitants live a hand-to-mouth existence. The money they earn is hardly enough to pay for food and clothes. Activities All our activities are aimed at capacity development of the people leading to sustainable community & Child centric community development. Balpanchayat ARPHEN gives maximum importance to children .Their right is top most in our priority. We set up Balpanchayat to develop the school going children in the age group of 10- 16. Teach them about things that affect their life and how to participate in the day to day life. The basis of Balpanchayat is development of the society through self development. This teaches the children how to participate in local self government and learn the basics of group living . • Women’s group Self Help Groups (SHG’s) and Mahila Mandals have been formed with support from ARPHEN’s training schemes, focusing on leadership, social activities and saving schemes. Now there are competent group leaders who work independently with guidance from ARPHEN. All these groups are linked to banks and properly maintaining the registers. • Bridge classes The majority of children now also do not to school due to different reasons. Bridge classes are set up for Non school going children in the age group of 6 to 14. We follow the Maharashtra Government syllabus for the Bridge classes. Once we found the child is prepared to go to school, we make them sit for an assessment test by the Municipal school and they are admitted to class according to their learning. • H I V / AIDS Due to the new developments taking place in Navi Mumbai, more people are migrating to Navi Mumbai and HIV/AIDS is also in the rise. We are working on this epedemic by targetting single migrants for awarness, testing,counselling and treatment. • Micro Insurance and financial inclusiveness The inclusive Life is in real danger at this place. They deal with all the dangers in their life. They have to face the accidents in the true sense of the term. We make available the scheme for life as well as accident policy . where people make a small payment and their life is insured and some amount of savings they make in this process . • Food –Security Food is one of the main concerns of the people living in this area. They earn very meagre wages and most of their salary goes to food expense .Through this food security program ARPHEN intends to bring these impoverished communities under governments public distribution system , have the means to access the regular food supplies in their locality at the public distribution centres. ARPHEN through its successful advocacy with the government authorities is trying to get a ration cards to all the quarry workers families and availed retail shops for food distribution • Health Arphen believes in working along with Government and other N G Os in the field of Health Issues .We conduct regular capacity building sessions ,awarness programs on health issues. Make people use the Government facility and refer the cases to hospitals . • Study class The under privileged school going children who cannot afford tuitions and do not have place for studies are covered under study classes. They are provided place for studying with competent teacher. • Early childhood Care (ECC) Early childhood care (ECC) programme is conducted for the age group of 3 to 6. This programme prepares the child to enter mainstream of education without dropping out from school. Arphen solicits your support We need Materail ,resources, financial support for the above programs and volunteers who have time , skills and who are interested in participating in teaching programmes, educational projects and recreational activities, helping with office administration , computer training and in professional counselling. You Can assist in providing any of the following : • sponsership of programmes • Sports equipment • Mats • Classroom furniture • Educational materials • Clothes • Food items • Medicines • Cycles (for staff to travel between sites) • Vehicle • Printing • Stationary Our overheads are costly and our time is precious!! All our staff works full-time in support of the communities. We invite you to help in any way you can and visit the area . All donations are eligible for deduction U/S 80 G of Income tax act Cheques may be drawn in favour of ARPHEN"
Fee: INR 1,000/- to 1,500/- Per Month