In India, it is commonly known as a chimney but in the united kingdom and in the US it is commonly known as an extractor hood while in Australia it is called a range hood or a ventilation hood. This chimney is used in most Indian homes to suck in smoke, any odor in the kitchen, any present fume and any grease droplet.
Comparison has been done between the kitchen with and without the chimney. It has proven that those without the chimney have a poor cleanliness rating while those that have the chimney, the level of cleanliness is high and admirable.
The difficulty in looking for the best chimney for Indian kitchens is unavoidable. It involves understanding a variety of features before you settle for the right chimney that suits your home. You should keep in mind the size, the suction power for both 60cm and 90cm versions, the noise that comes with the chimney and its method of cleaning such the auto clean option.
The information will help you
A kitchen chimney is one of the most important appliances any Indian home should consider purchasing. No one wants a kitchen that is filled with smoke, unwanted gases and oil on your surface. Here is a list of the outstanding features together with the prices of the 10 best kitchen chimneys in India.
Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
Eurodomo 90 cm 1200 m3/h
Hindware 90cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
Elica 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
Faber 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney
Glen 60cm, 1000 m3/h Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney
Hindware 60cm 700m3/hr Chimney
Sunflame 60 cm 1100 m³/hr Kitchen Chimney
Seavy 60cm 1200 m3/hr kitchen Chimney
Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/h kitchen Chimney
Best Kitchen Chimney Reviews in India for Home
Apart from the features of the best chimneys for Indian kitchens, below are the advantages and the disadvantages of these trending products. The below information will also give you a lot about kitchen chimney reviews. The appearance of your kitchen will definitely change after you install the best kitchen chimney for your home.
1. Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
The Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney is one of the most advanced kitchen chimneys that you will find in the indian market. It is known for its amazing features starting with an auto clean chimney and a touch panel. The touch panel is designed to make your work easier while cleaning the chimney by just a simple touch. It is also very easy to control the chimney by using this control panel
With the auto clean technology, the elements found in the chimney are greatly heated to remove the sticky smut on the surface of the chimney. The smut that was extremely heated is then collected in an oil collector. This appliance also has a baffle filter that restricts the flow of the smoke and odour and later removes them from the chimney.
This auto clean chimney has the following key features;
- The chimney has a LED indicator that shows you the temperature and the time at which the chimney started running.
- Elica auto clean chimney has a size of 60cm and 2 to 4 burners can be used by this chimney.
- This kitchen chimney brand offers a 1 year warranty on the product and a 5 years warranty on the motor.
- It has an oil collector that collects all the smut that is heated in the chimney
- This brand has a touch control panel that makes your work easier by just a simple touch.
- This chimney has an elegant design that enhances a perfect decor in your kitchen. The beautiful appearance and the high quality that this product gives your kitchen makes it a must have for your kitchen.
- It has an elegant design and a beautiful appearance
- It has a touch control panel
- The chimney has 2 LED lamps that simplifies your work while cooking.
- It has an oil collector to ensure easy cleaning
- The chimney has an auto clean technology that solves you cleaning problem by just pressing a button
- The product does not provide installation
- The level of the noise is a little bit high
2. Eurodomo 90 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney
This chimney is the ideal product if you are looking for a chimney that has a better coverage. It can also be used with a stove that has 3 to 5 burners. With the size, the chimney has a length of 90 cm,a height of 60 cm and width of 48 cm. It also has a baffle filter that restrains the flow of oil to make sure that the chimney maintains its cleanliness.
This model has a baffle filter that is designed to resist corrosion of the chimney and make sure that the oil is dragged to make sure it is clean. This Eurodomo 90 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney has a power capacity of 1200 cubic meters per hour that gives it the capability of removing the smoke, the dirt and the vapour that is produced while you are cooking.
Its key features include;
- This chimney is suitable for a gas stove that has a 3 to 5 burners
- Easy operation is enabled by a touch panel presented at the top of the chimney
- 2 LED lamps that is used to brighten your kitchen while cooking
- A powers capacity of 1200 cubic meters per hour
- Eurodomo auto-clean chimney provides free installation that is not provided by other kitchen chimney brands.
- An-auto clean technology
- Baffle filters that are stainless
- Presence of a tempered glass
- A suction capacity of 1200 cubic meters per hour
- It has a metal oil cup collector
- A 1-year warranty on the product and a 5 years warranty on the motor
- This chimney produces a little bit of noise that can be disturbing
- It does not provide a good user manual.
3. Hindware 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
This is a unique kitchen chimney that is widely known for its advanced technology, high quality, its durability and a stylish design. This amazing feature makes it suitable for most Indian homes. It also has an amazing finish of stainless steel that makes your kitchen have an attractive interior. The Hindware 90cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney comes with a special feature that is a metallic blower that is normally connected to the duct system. The unique feature is mainly used to make sure that there is a high delivery of air, the product is durable and the chimney produces less noise
It has the following key features;
- Suitable for 4 burner gas stove
- It has a metallic blower that is connected to the duct system
- It has2 LED indicators that brightens your kitchen while cooking
- The chimney has an oil collector box that helps in reducing stickiness on the baffle
- It has a touch-control that simplifies your operations by just pressing a button
- This model has a suction power of 1200 cubic meter per hour
- It has an auto clean technology
- It is a wall mounted chimney with a curved glass
- It has 2 LED lights
- This model has baffle filters
- An oil collector technology
- There are charges for the provision of installation
- You have to make sure your pipes are replaced regularly
4. Elica 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
This is an auto clean chimney that is also highly recommended due to its capability to serve a large family in India that cooks regularly in a day. With a size of 90 cm, this chimney can be used with a 3 to 5 gas stove burner. Its suction power also enables it to suck out all the grime into an oil collector efficiently.
Another beneficial technology that comes together with this chimney is that it is auto clean. By just the press of a button, the chimney automatically cleans itself. However, you can also clean the chimney once in a while to ensure maximum cleanliness. This Elica 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney has a number of features that include the following;
- An auto-clean technology that cleans the chimney automatically
- A baffle filter that directs the oil and grease into an oil collector box
- A suction power capacity of 1200 cubic meter per hour that removes smoke efficiently
- 2 LED lamps that provides lighting in the kitchen
- An oil collector that is used to collect oil and enable free airflow in the chimney
- A beautiful look with a curved glass
- Its large size of 90cm
- 2 baffle filters
- Suits a gas stove of 3 to 5 burners
- A touch button control for easy operations
- A little bit pricey
- There is no free installation
5. Faber 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney
This faber chimney model is highly known for emitting lesser noise compared to other kitchen chimney brands in India. The suction power in this chimney is designed to make sure that the removal of gases, grease and oil that is emitted while cooking is done efficiently. Regardless of the suction power being high, the level of noise that is produced by this chimney is not very high thereby giving the person cooking a peaceful time while cooking.
This Faber 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney has the following key features;
- This model has an amazing feature that is gesture control that is not available in other kitchen chimney brands. By just waving at the gesture control you get to control the speed that the suction has
- For purposes of easy operations, you can use a touch panel
- Hindware auto-clean chimney has an auto clean technology that makes sure your kitchen is clean every day
- This model does not have any filters, however, the motor that the chimney provides has a clear path for the air to flow.
- The absence of the filters makes sure that the maintenance cost is always low
- It is a wall mounted chimney
- It has a heat auto-clean technology
- This faber chimney has a powerful motor
- The chimney has an amazing touch and gesture control feature
- This chimney is a bit expensive
- It doesn’t have filters
6. Glen 60cm, 1000 m3/h Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney
This Glen curved glass kitchen chimney has a pyramid design that comes together with a hood pattern making it trend in India. The product can stay for a longer period of time because of its stainless steel body. It also has a baffle filter that really makes sure that your cleanliness is simplified.
This product’s motor is made up of 1005 copper with an overloading protector in case there is a lot of heat in the kitchen, the motor will not be destroyed. The hassle that comes with chimney is completely free due to the presence of a touch control panel.
The Glen 60cm, 1000 m3/h Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney has the following features;
- This chimney has a power suction of 1000 m3/h that helps in removing all the grime in a second.
- The thermal protector that comes together with the copper is used to switch off the chimney in case there is excess heat
- It has a fiber reinforced plastic housing that makes sure safety is enhanced and the noise is minimized
- All the wires that are in the chimney are made up of flame retardant plastic for making sure that the chimney has a long life and is safe always
- The dynamic airflow is enhanced to make sure that the airflow is not reduced and that oil is collected without choking the baffle filter
- A dynamic airflow that simplifies the cleaning process
- 2 LED lights for a brighter vision while cooking
- A powerful suction for sucking out grime
- A motor that comes together with an overloading protector
- A touch control button that enables you to choose between the available three convenient speed and a hob light
- It is a little bit noisy
7. Hindware 60cm 700m3/hr Chimney
If you are looking for the best affordable cooking products, a hindware company is the place to go. It is a reputable brand that assures you to own durable, highly performing and attractive products. With such a chimney, you will be able to cook your food without any smoke or even any hindrance.
This Hindware 60cm 700m3/hr Chimney has a cutting edge chimney that makes sure your kitchen is free from smoke. It is widely known for its good performance and making your work very simple while cooking. With a suction power of 700 cubic meter per hour and futuristic technology this chimney has the following features.
- It has a suction power of 700 m³/hr that enables the smoke and oil to be removed successfully
- This chimney comes with incandescent lights that are designed to make sure your cooking never stops
- The cassette filters that the chimney has makes it easy for the air to move freely and for the oil to be sucked out successfully
- The stainless steel finish makes sure that your kitchen has a beautiful appearance
- The push button control works wonders to make sure that your operations in the kitchen while cooking are simplified
- A 1 year warranty on the product and a 5 year warranty on the motor is also added upon purchase
- A powerful motor
- The ability to produce low level of noise
- A 5 years warranty on the motor
- A cassette filter for sucking out oil and grease
- An incandescent light for a brighter vision
- The suction power is less powerful compared to the other motors
8. Sunflame 60 cm 1100 m³/hr Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney
The Sunflame 60 cm 1100 m³/hr Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney has caught every new customer’s attention due to its efficiency in its performance and its capability to deliver. This product makes sure that the air flow is not blocked by directing the grease and the oil to the baffle filter.
The suction power is much less compared to the other kitchen chimney brands which is 1100 cubic meters per hour which makes it suit a middle sized kitchen. It also comes with a charcoal filter that makes it easy to have a ductless operation. The good thing about this chimney is that it comes with a 2 burner stove upon purchasing it.
The key features include the following;
- The chimney has a stainless steel that comes with a matte finishing
- This product has a toughened glass that is very spacious
- A baffle filter that directs the grease and oil to the collector box
- This product has an amazing finish of stainless steel with a brushed matte finishing
- This Sunflame Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney comes with a suction power of 1100 cubic meter per hour that makes it suitable for a small to medium sized kitchen.
- This product has a 2 years warranty
- The chimney comes with a touch control panel for easy operations
- It has a baffle and charcoal filter for sucking out oil and grease
- It comes together with a 2 burners gas stove
- The product best suits a small sized kitchen in India.
- This chimney has a noise level of 62 db thus considered to be very noisy
- The base found in the gas is not properly balanced
9. Seavy 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
This product is widely known for its elegant cutting edge design and its high quality. It is made from a reputable brand that is widely known for manufacturing high quality products. This chimney is ideal for a medium-sized kitchen with a suction power of 1200 cubic meter per hour and it best suits a family that cooks regularly.
The Seavy 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney has a sleekish design that has a cutting edge technology making your kitchen look elegant. It also comes with an installation kit that contains an aluminium duct tape, U clamps,cowl cover and an aluminium tape.
It has some key features that includes;
- A baffle filter that is used to remove grease, oil and gas from the chimney
- An oil collector box that is used to collect the grease and oil from the baffle filter
- An auto-clean technology that aids in the cleaning
- A touch control panel that enhances easy operations
- The presence of a baffle filter
- A suction power of 1200 cubic meter per hour
- The chimney has an aesthetic appliance
- It has a good speed control
- The chimney has an installation kit
- The chimney does not fit small kitchens
- The installation kit is charged separately
10. Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/h Filterless Autoclean Chimney
This faber chimney comes with a lot of positive features. The chimney is also huge compared to other brands. This suits a large family that will need to use a 3 to 5 burner. You may opt to buy a chimney with a filter-less technology but with a control gesture. Regardless of the chimney being filter free, you are able to control the level of the speed in the chimney by just using your hands.
The chimney has a good suction capacity that helps you remove the oil and the grease. The auto-clean technology heats the chimney and removes the oil to its collector.
TheFaber 90 cm 1200 m3/h Filterless Autoclean Chimney has the following characteristics;
- This chimney has a size of 90cm making it suitable for a large sized family
- You can use the chimney with a 3 to 5 burner
- This product comes with a hand gesture control that makes your work easy while using the chimney
- The chimneys suction capacity is of 1200 cubic meters per hour
- The chimney comes with a 1 year warranty on the product and a 5 year warranty on the motor
- A good suction capacity
- An auto clean technology
- 2 LED lights that gives you a better visual in the kitchen while cooking
- An oil collector box
- A filter-less technology
- This chimney is highly durable
- The chimney is a little bit noisy
- This product is a bit pricey
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look for When Buying a Kitchen Chimney in india?
Before you get to decide the type of kitchen chimney you should purchase, there are a number of factors that you should also take into consideration. A buyer should be able to choose a chimney that is able to efficiently absorb smoke, oil and fume from the cooking utensils.
The chimneys also add an elegant and stylish look to your indoor kitchen. Below are the important factors you should consider in making an intimate choice.
1. Categories of kitchen chimney
The first thing that comes into your mind is whether you want to duct or go ductless with your kitchen chimney. This comes in during installation of the chimney in your kitchen. Here is a discussion of how they work.
- Ducting chimney
The ducting chimney is also called extracting chimney. It works by sucking in the air that is in the kitchen and then directing it to the filters that are responsible for absorbing the oil and grime. The air is then released through a PVC outlet. The chimney is very efficient and can be used for commercial kitchens since it captures smoke and fumes in high amounts.
- Ductless chimney
This ductless chimney is also known as reducing chimney. It works by using a motor and a fan. The air that is absorbed from the kitchen is passed through the charcoal filters that are responsible for absorbing heat, odor and smoke, and then release the air through a pipe to the kitchen. It is designed to turn off or on automatically and it is also very easy to install.
2. Types of filters
A filter is an essential part of the chimney since it is responsible for purifying the air and then filtering the oil, grime and dust that is in the kitchen. These types of filters are classified according to the material and the construction.
- Baffle filter
The baffle filter is the best for Indian cooking and is made up of aluminium and steel that aid in altering the course of air. It is a flow control panel that is structured in multiple curves. The odor and oil is separated from the smoke by the use of a cut and slash mechanism. The oil is then deposited on the aluminium or steel material.However this separation does not affect the suction power. The filters need to be cleaned regularly to be efficient.
- Cassette filter
These filters are made up of layers of aluminium mesh that include minute holes. The oil and grime is caught through the holes as the air passes. This filter will also need regular cleaning. Failure to which the suction power will decrease and increase the noise levels. These types of filters require high maintenance to be efficient.
- Carbon filter
These filters are also known as charcoal filters. The charcoal granules that come with it helps in preventing the odor from the smoke. This is an optional filter since it must be combined with a mesh or baffle filter. The pores in the carbon filter will also aid in sucking out the grime and the oil. Since the carbon filter is not washable, replacement after every 6 months is necessary.
3. Types of chimney hoods
The types of chimney hoods are categorized by the mounting position and their functionality. There are 4 main types that include;
- Wall mounted chimney
These are chimneys that can be fixed onto the walls of your kitchen by your hands. They should be fixed above your stove. They are available in various styles and designs that bring out their elegant and stylish look.
- Built-in chimney
These chimneys are built in a cabinet or behind it as the name suggests. They are also made in such a way that they will blend with the interior of the kitchen
- Corner chimney
These chimneys are made in such a way that they are adjustable. They are adjusted over the stove when in use and then drawn back when you are not using them. They are adjusted with just pressing a button. They are also placed at the kitchen corner.
- Island chimney
These chimneys are fixed above the kitchen stove by using your hands. It best suits the cooking style in most western designs that place their chimney on top by hanging them.
4. Size of the chimney
While deciding on which chimney to purchase, never buy a chimney that does not fit the size of your stove or hob. Chimneys come in different sizes and the best way to choose which chimney to buy is to select the chimney that is of the exact size as your stove or even a greater size.
The right size increases the efficiency of the chimney and determines the performance. A chimney of 60 cm should hold 2 to 4 burner stove while a 90 cm stove should hold a 3 to 5 burner gas stove.
5. The suction power
The most important factor you should consider while making a purchase is the suction power. In order to know if your chimney has the right suction power, it should be able to suck in air 10 times in the given space. A lot of kitchens in India are very small and the right suction power should range from 480 to 1250 cubic meters per hour. The size of the kitchen ranges from 48 to 50 cubic meters and that is why the best suction power should start from 480 cubic meters per hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the use of chimneys in the kitchen?
Using a kitchen chimney makes your cooking easy and comfortable. You are freed from smoke and unwanted dust that may bring about allergies, skin rashes or even breathing issues. The chimney makes sure that the air pollution in the kitchen is highly reduced. It also sucks out the bad odour from the kitchen and works in preventing the gas leakage in the kitchen.
The chimney also does wonders in preventing the surface of the kitchen from being black and greasy.
2. How does a kitchen chimney work?
A kitchen chimney is made up of a hood that is mounted on the top of the gas stove. Within the chimney, there is a fan that is responsible for sucking out smoke and gases and exhausting it through the PVC outlet. Exhausting the smoke directly through the PVC outlet is the best way to deal with the smoke.
Cooking in the kitchen is simplified by sucking out the smoke and oil immediately. Your comfortability is maintained since the kitchen is free from the smoke and the oil deposits.
3. What is an auto clean chimney?
The only way that you can increase the life of your chimney is by cleaning it regularly. An auto clean chimney is a life savior if you don’t like cleaning or you are too busy to spare time to clean the chimney. While doing your cooking chores, the air in it passes through the oil collector where the oil and grease in it is filtered. It is widely known as the best oil collector.
By just pressing a button once in a week the chimney automatically cleans itself.
4. What should I use while cleaning my kitchen chimney?
Cleaning a kitchen chimney is the most time consuming house chores you could have. It is normally coated with oil and grease that will require you to use harsh detergents such as baking soda, a solution of vinegar and salt. While washing make sure that you remove all the filters from the chimney and then place them on a hot water tub.
A span of 20 minutes is necessary to allow the filter to remove the stain completely. Keep the filter in the sun to dry out the water
5. How to cover a chimney pipe in a modular kitchen?
The chimney pipe disposes off the smoke and odor sucked out from the kitchen. However, it being in the kitchen can be a little disturbing and therefore need some covering up. You can cover the chimney by hiding it in a column, cabinets or even in paints and accessories. In a column, boards are placed on the sides of the pipe. You can also create cabinets that will hide the presence of the chimney. However, if your design doesn’t allow you to use columns or cabinets, then you can paint your vent pipes to cover up the disturbing picture of the chimney.
Kitchen chimneys have become an essential appliance in most Indian homes. They are made to make sure that the unwanted smoke and the harmful gases are sucked out of the kitchen area. In addition, the chimney will make sure that your kitchen surface is free from the oil and grease. A lot of confusion is encountered while purchasing a chimney that is why we have provided detailed information and the proper guidelines to help you buy the right one.