Generally, most electronic devices are designed to run on Alternating currency (AC). so every time you want to run an AC powered device using a DC, then you will need an inverter that will help you convert the direct current into the alternating currency.
An inverter is an electronic device that converts direct current(DC) from direct sunlight into power that can be used at home that is alternating currency(AC) voltage. The best inverter will help you alleviate the problems that are brought about by the unannounced power cut.
This article will help you find the best inverter you are looking for. It also has a guideline which guides you to purchasing the best inverter for home-usage. Purchasing the best inverter has been proven problematic, mostly if you are not well informed about the details of the appliance. All inverters come with different makeup and build and that is why all the average consumers must have every information that may aid in the purchase of the inverter.
The following information will give you all the answers you are looking for if your home is in need of an inverter.
Below is detailed information of all the features and prices of the best inverters for your home in India.
Luminous Zelio 1100 Inverter
Luminous Zelio+ 1100 home pure sinewave inverter ups
Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va
Exide 850Va Home Ups + 150Ah Battery
Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va
Microtek ups 24ã—7 HB 725va
Apc 850va inverter
Luminous 1500VA Zelio + 1700 Sine Wave Inverter for Home
Luminous 2KVA Inverter
Microtek Ups 24Ã—7 Hb 950Va
Best inverter Product Review in India for Home
1. Luminous Zelio 1100 Inverter with RC18000 150 Ah Tubular Battery
The luminous brand is one of the leading companies in India that produce the home electric appliance that gives you sustainable and energy-efficient products for a long period of time. This Luminous Zelio 1100 Inverter with RC18000 150 Ah Tubular Battery can also work as an Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for computers at home or at the office as well as work as an inverter for your home appliances.
This inverter is a digital sine wave that is used in most high powered devices or in running multiple devices. This technology helps to keep sensitive devices safe. It then uses a single battery with 685 watts. If you are looking for an inverter that can help you run the 3 ceiling fan, 3 tube lights, a television and a refrigerator when there is a power cut, this is the device you should buy.
This inverter has the following features;
- It has a 32-bit DSP (digital signal processor) making it a smart inverter.
- Has an RC18000 tubular battery with a capacity of 150 Ah
- It is a safe inverter due to its inbuilt MCB (Miniature Circuit Breaker) that enables it to be a safe inverter.
- It has the capability of handling your refrigerator, mixer and other appliances when there is a power cut out since it is a powerful inverter.
- It has an LCD indicator that gives detailed important information about the charging times or hours, backup left and even the amount of water that is left
- It is a pure sine wave inverter
- The uninterruptible power supply mode is readily available.
- It has an LCD indicator that indicates change levels, water levels and the charging levels
- UPS mode available
- It lacks an automatic bypass switch
- In case you are using huge appliances, the 900 VA inverter can be insufficient at times
2. Luminous Zelio 1100 home pure sinewave inverter ups
This brand is an upgraded version of the inverter we have reviewed above. The Luminous Zelio 1100 home pure sinewave inverter ups is the best you can opt to buy since it can support all types of batteries in your household such as SMF batteries, tubular and flat batteries. Even though this inverter can support all types of your battery, you will have to buy them separately since it does not come with any.
The following are some of the key features;
- This device produces no noise as it operates as a result of its lower distortion.
- It is the first charging device that will help save on our electricity bills. The maximum charging current is 15 amperes.
- It has a LED indicator that indicates the power back-up status and the battery charging time.
- Regardless of the inverter using a single battery of 12V, it also supports other batteries like a flat plate, tubular type or the valve-regulated lead-acid battery (VRLA).
- It has a bypass switch that allows the inverter to supply continuous output from the main electric device in case there are uninterrupted power supply faults.
- Where protection is needed from overload, short circuit, deep discharge and reverse polarity, this is the inverter you should purchase.
- Its weight of 10.8 kgs makes it easy to move around and handle easily.
- In areas where there are electrical issues, this device is the best.
- It has a wide range of batteries that makes it perform well
- It is the safest inverter to use if you have sensitive home devices
- works on a single battery making it the most simple inverter to use.
- This inverter comes with a 32-bit digital signal processor(DSP) which makes it highly efficient
- It has a simple installation process.
- There is noise production that comes from the cooling fan when there is an electricity cut
- You may be needed to purchase other batteries since it does not come with them
- Its bypass switch is not automatic
3. Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sine Wave Inverter
You are there looking for a battery inverter that has a big capacity for your huge home? This is the inverter to go for. It carries a lot of loads that suit your big family needs. This Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sine Wave Inverter caters for a lot of appliances such as mixer grinder, refrigerator, fans, lights or even your home computers.
This model also has a multi-stage battery charger that is important in making sure that the battery remains full all the time even in its working conditions. While working, it usually ranges from a voltage of 100 to 300V. Here are some of its key features;
- The LED indicator displaying all the important information about the batteries level and an alert in case there is any fault
- It is a pure sine wave inverter hence working at a very low harmonic distortion and also noiseless
- This battery inverter has an in-built electronic protector that protects it in case there it discharges or overcharges
- It has a huge capacity of 1100 VA for a big family with a lot of appliances
- This inverter works within a voltage range of 100V to 300V
- It is a pure sine wave inverter
- It has an in-built electronic protector in case of any faults
- An LCD indicator for displaying important information
- It has a huge capacity of 1100 VA for big Indian homes
- A 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
- It doesn’t have an automatic bypass switch
- Switchover time could have been less
4. Exide 850Va Home Ups + 150Ah Battery
This is one of the most leading companies that manufacture inverter batteries all over the world and not only in India. It is the least of the available inverters that require a lot of maintenance, you just have to fit it in and forget all about it. The Exide 850Va Home Ups + 150Ah Battery mostly suits the elderly people and the working people since it requires less maintenance.
Due to its amazing technology such as the DSP technology and the high-speed microprocessor, it is the most expensive compared to the other inverters. This model has the following key features;
- It has an LCD screen indicator that helps the user in indicating crucial information such as the input and the output voltage, the battery power and the percentage levels of the batteries
- This model can only support 580 watts at its maximum
- It has a technology that ensures it is long-lasting which is the auto-sense technology(ASIC)
- This model has a gel electrolyte that doesn’t require any form of topping hence no spillage
- Being one of the best in the industry, it comes with a 4-year warranty
- It doesn’t require any maintenance
- You are not required to top up any gel hence no form of spillage
- It doesn’t occupy a lot of space
- It has a capacity of 850 VA with a battery capacity of 150Ah
- It has an indicator that shows the electrolyte level
- It is so expensive
5. Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va Sine Wave Inverter
This brand is also one of the leading manufacturers of inverter batteries in India. Being a good quality product that can support big Indian homes, Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va Sine Wave Inverter has a huge capacity of 1000 VA. Due to its revolutionary technology, this product is capable of protecting all of your appliances in case of any faults.
Su-Kam Falcon has a technology that works from the background and is attached to an automatic sensor that is responsible for controlling your charging processes. This product has the following key features;
- A huge capacity of 1000 VA for supporting big Indian companies
- It is an eco-friendly inverter
- This inverter has c that enables the system to offer full protection mostly when there are irregular supplies
- It has cccc that is capable of minimizing both the power consumption and its requirement
- It has a technology that allows you to choose the battery types and the charging points
- This model also enables you to choose either the UPS mode and the wider UPS mode.
- Su-Kam inverters are capable of working for long hours while charging the batteries at a less time
- A capacity of 1000 VA
- Has a patent technology that manages the battery charging process
- It is capable of powering a lot of home appliances in case of a power cut off
- It enables you to choose from the UPS mode or the wide UPS mode
- This inverter controls the system in that it can handle current up to 300% of its actual capacity
- It has a manual bypass switch
6. Microtek ups 24ã—7 HB 725va hybrid sine wave inverter
With a capacity of 725va Microtek ups 24ã—7 HB 725va hybrid sine wave inverter is ideal for all average Indian homes. It doesn’t have the capacity to hold all your appliances but it can power a few ceiling fans, lights, TV and your home computer. While powering all of the above appliances make sure there is no other load on the inverter.
This Microtek ups sine wave inverter does not make any noise while in operation. It also has a technology which is the Intelli battery gravity management(IBGM) that makes sure the batteries have a long life and they also charge quickly. Here are some of its key features;
- It has two charging modes that is the standard and the fast charging modes
- This inverter works between the voltage range of 100V to 300V
- In case there are any faults, the inbuilt switch enables you to bypass the inverter
- In order to ensure the longevity of this inverter battery, it, therefore, comes with a PWM controlled multistage AYM
- The average capacity of 725va for an average Indian home
- The presence of a bypass switch
- Hybrid technology for noiseless operations
- It charges very quickly
- It doesn’t produce any noise while functioning
- It has an excellent battery management
- The presence of two charging mode
- This inverter ensures the batteries are protected and also enhances their battery life
- It lacks a miniature circuit breaker (MCB)
- It lacks an LCD indicator for displaying crucial information
- Switchover time could have been less
- It has the capability to connect to only one battery
7. Apc 850va inverter
Apc is a UPS inverter that is specifically designed for all Indian homes that suffer as a result of very harsh power conditions. This Apc 850va inverter has a sine wave technology that is designed to work quietly and also provide an efficient backup where there is a power cut off. This uninterruptible power supply(UPS) inverter has a capacity of 850va that best suits a medium-sized family in India.
This type of inverter can also support two battery types such as the flat plate and tubular battery. They can also connect to a 3pin plug to any electronic device and provide backup for about 3 to 6 hours. Here are some of its key features;
- This APC inverter comes with a user-friendly indicator which is very easy to operate
- It also provides a noiseless operation due to its pure sine wave battery
- It has a battery saver that allows maintaining a sufficient battery charge in the battery even when you are not around
- It has a microprocessor-controlled battery that is used to enhance the battery life and improve its performance
- It comes with a 2-year warranty from the company
- Compatible with generators
- It operates quietly
- It comes with a user-friendly LED indicator
- It has amazing features such as child safety, short circuit protection and also shockproof.
- Does not have good after-sales services
8. Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sine Wave Inverter
In case you are looking for the best inverter for home, this Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sine Wave Inverter is the best. It has a multi-stage battery charger that ensures your battery is full all the time. Having this technology, the inverters voltage range is between 100 to 350v which also has a switchover time of 15 milliseconds from the main to the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
With a large capacity of 1100va that suits a big Indian family, this inverter is capable of completely shutting down if the load is very large than the normal indicated load. Here are some of its features;
- A LED indicator that shows all the important information mostly if there are any faults
- It has a battery state monitoring
- This inverter has a multi-stage battery charger
- It also has an overload sense that also comes with a short circuit protection
- It has a CCCV technology that comes with an auto trickle mode
- It has an overload circuit protector that is used in case the UPS mode encounter a default
- It is a pure sine wave inverter to ensure that the battery is an energy efficient one
- It has amazing facilities such as the LED indicators
- It doesn’t have an automatic bypass switch
- The inverter’s switchover time could have been less
9. Luminous 2KVA Inverter
Luminous inverters are one of the leading manufacturers worldwide. They clearly provide modern features for systems. The Luminous 2KVA Inverter is a sine wave inverter that gives it the capability to function quietly. Being a very heavy duty inverter, it requires double battery support in order for it to function efficiently.
This type of inverter has a power capacity of 2000 VA meaning it can even be used for commercial purposes and also at any big Indian home. It also comes with a battery that is adaptable and it is used to control the batteries system. It is called the adaptive battery charging control system(ABCC). Here are some of its key features;
- It has an intuitive display that clearly shows all the information such as the battery levels, each notification and any alerts in case of a fault.
- This is a power inverter that has advanced battery management used to enhance the battery life and also ensure it has a good performance
- This inverter works quietly due to its sine wave output
- The adaptive battery charging control in this type of inverter aids in the intelligent battery charging that in turn boots the inverters battery performance
- Its manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty
- It is a very powerful inverter in case you are looking for a heavy-duty inverter
- The ABCC technology for better performance and also a better battery life
- It offers protection against any form of danger such as overloads
- A noiseless operation
- A 24 months warranty from the company
- It is very expensive since it is a power inverter
10. Microtek Ups 24Ã—7 Hb 950Va Hybrid Sinewave Inverter
This is also one of the leading inverters that can be used for commercial purposes and also by an average home. This Microtek Ups 24Ã—7 Hb 950Va Hybrid Sinewave Inverter is very durable and can be used for a very long period of time. This sine-wave inverter comes with a hybrid technology that ensures the inverter performs and increases its life.
With a 12 VDC battery system, it has a capacity of 950 VA and a consumption power of 760 watts. Being an energy-efficient inverter it is capable of supporting all of your kitchen appliances and preventing fluctuations. It supports two battery types that are flat plate and tubular that can also hold 12vand 220AH. Here are some of the features that this inverter has;
- A hybrid technology that makes sure the inverter runs a noiseless operation and improves the battery life
- An Intelli battery gravity management IBGM that is capable of increasing the battery life and most importantly its performance
- A bypass switch that is used to provide a continuous power supply in case the UPS also fails
- A digital indicator that is used to indicate the input and output voltages
- It is very durable and long-lasting
- Has a bypass switch
- Comes with hybrid and IBGM technologies
- It delivers pure sine-wave technology
- It sometimes produces noise while functioning
- The battery back-up is not that efficient
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look for When Buying an Inverter for Home in India?
An inverter is an electronic device that is used to convert direct current (DC) into alternating current(AC). Every customer needs to know that all their electronic devices run on the alternating current which is in case of a power cut the inverter will definitely support all the appliances depending on the load. Below is a guide on what a buyer should consider before buying any type of inverter.
In order for an inverter to deliver the best services, it must have a battery size that is compatible. The battery size is calculated in Amp-Hour which shows the amount of current that can be provided by the battery for a specified time period. For instance, a battery size of 1000Ah can supply the same amount of current in about an hour. Or else it can supply 2000amp for about 30 minutes.
There is another factor that you should consider while checking the battery size which is the type. There are 3 types that a battery has which is the flat plate, tubular and the maintenance-free batteries. The best type you can choose is the tubular batteries since they offer the best performance and for a long time. It delivers for 7 to 8 years.
Normally the capacity that an inverter holds is measured in Volt-Amps where the total wattage is usually equal to the volt-amp. However, when it comes to the power factor, it is very different. The power factor is usually calculated on how the incoming power is efficiently used in the electric system.
The power factor is also referred to as working power to total power. Where the working power is the energy that is consumed to keep the devices running. So according to the above explanation, VA is the total load divide by the power factor.
The least that an inverter can hold is 400VA which is not a bad option. It is also wise to buy an inverter that has few units and more capacity for the purposes of saving on energy.
Another factor that you should consider before purchasing an inverter is the price. A standard inverter price ranges from Rs 6000 to Rs 9000. The inverter price solely depends on its features and the brand that manufactured it. Some people think that the performance of some brands is better than others, however, the performance always depends on the amount of power that is consumed while converting the direct current into the alternating current.
The best performing inverters that have a high VA are the most expensive but they also are capable of holding heavy devices that have a lot of load such as the refrigerator.
While dealing with any type of an inverter, there is a higher chance that it might face some danger such as a power overload or underload which might result in it malfunctioning. This is where the bypass switch comes in. it enables the owner to by-pass the usual operation of the inverter by consuming the energy from the main electric grid.
While using power from the main electric grid, the energy doesn’t pass through the inverter thereby giving it enough time to solve the problem. You must consider the bypass switch since it enables you to do so without necessarily cutting in the electricity.
The main thing you should also consider before purchasing an inverter is the amount of power that is required. The amount of power required normally depends on the number of devices that need back-up electricity after the power is cut. If you only have one bulb, 1 ceiling fan, 1 tube light, one CFL bulb and a TV, the amount of energy that is required is 282 watts. So per the power requirement, you can opt to buy a mini inverter that consumes 300 to 350 watts of power.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
While purchasing an inverter for your home, there are always some questions that really require answers. Some of these questions and their answers are indicated below;
1. What is an inverter?
As discussed earlier, an inverter is an electronic device that is used to convert the direct current into AC. In order for your electronic appliances to work without any interruption, the inverter automatically converts DC into AC. Every home in India and anywhere in the world with power issues will find an inverter essential.
The time between the conversion is less than a second which makes sure that the devices keep on functioning. There are different types of inverters which include the pure sine wave inverter, modified sine wave inverter and the square wave inverter.
2. What is the difference between home ups and inverters?
There is a slight difference between a home uninterruptible home supply and an inverter. The difference comes in when there is a power cut, a UPS will automatically start using the battery power within 5 milliseconds maximum while an inverter will take longer to switch by about 100 milliseconds.
Whether to choose between the UPS and the inverter depends on how crucially you want to back up your electronic devices.
Another difference is the UPS has an inbuilt battery that an inverter lacks. The inverter has to source the power from an outside source and convert the direct current into alternating current that you are required to purchase separately which is different from the UPS.
3. Is it possible to run ACs using inverters?
It is possible for the owner to run an AC using an inverter but for a very short period of time. However if you want to run an AC using an inverter for a longer period of time, you are then required to have an inverter battery that has a good capacity or else it runs out of energy.
For a smaller AC to function you will need a 120-volt inverter that would at least consume 3000 watts of power.
4. What is the capacity of an inverter for a home?
The ideal capacity for an inverter for home is 800VA. It has the capability of running 3 ceiling fans, 3 tube lights, 1 CFL light and a TV for 3 hours when there is a power cut out. Its battery size should be 130 Ah. This inverter’s capacity is ideal for a big Indian home or else a medium-sized family.
Having displayed all the detailed information about the best and affordable inverters for home, you should be able to purchase the right and the best one for your home as per your requirement. You never know when there will be a power cut out in your cities that may cause some inconveniences and that is the main reason an inverter is essential