Due to the hot climate in India, a ceiling fan is one of the most purchased appliances. Most Indian homes have more than one ceiling fans in their houses working at all times. As we all know, the air is a basic need for all of us since we need it to breathe and to keep on maintaining our body temperatures.
Having a ceiling fan is the best and cheapest way you can improve the air circulation in your surroundings especially if you are in a place that is hot like in India. The idea of buying a ceiling fan is a great deal since it will help you save a lot of energy by managing its speed according to your desired temperature.
The idea of saving power, adding up an elegant look in your home and also improving the air circulation is the reason you should buy a ceiling fan. They are also used in summer and winter. Apart from using your ceiling fan in cooling down your room temperatures, they are also used to increase the room temperatures in cold seasons.
There are various specifications that will help you choose the best ceiling fans that suit your home and that is a motor, the blades, a voltage regulator, a drop rod and also the lights and not forgetting the remote control for the lights.
There are various types of ceiling fans that have different features and prices. This table consists of the best types of ceiling you can choose from in case you are looking for the best quality ceiling fans.
Orient Electric Apex-FX
Crompton Hill Briz 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Havells Pacer 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Crompton HS Plus 48-inch 53-Watt Power Saver Ceiling Fan
Havells Nicola 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Crompton Uranus 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Atomberg Renesa + 1200 mm BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Ceiling Fan
Havells Rilla Energy Leganza 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Atomberg Efficio 1200 mm BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Ceiling Fan
Orient Electric Aeroslim 1200mm Smart Premium Ceiling Fan
Best ceiling fan review in India
Apart from the features and the prices of the best ceiling fans for Indian homes, below is a piece of detailed information about the top ceiling fan brands in India. This information will help you purchase the ideal ceiling fan for your home.
1. Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Orient is a very reputable power-efficient ceiling fan in India. This Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200mm Ceiling Fan is the latest model from their manufacturer. Being the latest, it comes with amazing advantages that include being a power efficient ceiling fan. They also have a technology that makes sure that the speed and noise are controlled so that the friction and the uneven air movement is reduced.
Orient being in the market for a long period of time now, they are widely known for producing the best ceiling fans that are currently leading in the market due to their good quality and durability. Below are some of the features of this elegant ceiling fan.
- This models elegant design makes sure that the air is properly circulated to every corner of the room
- The wide ribbed aluminium blades of this ceiling fan deliver air to every corner of the room and are also made up of a gloss finish
- This orient ceiling fan operates silently due to the double ball bearing design that makes sure the operations are run smoothly with no noise.
- The blades are also rustproof
- Powerful motor
- A maximum air circulation
- Silent operation
- An elegant design
- Ribbed aluminium blades
- The ceiling fan is very expensive
- The speed is not as fast as you could expect
- After using it for a while, there are reports of irritating noise.
2. Crompton Hill Briz 1200mm Ceiling Fan
This is one of the most amazing ceiling fans with a traditional design and most of all an excellent performance. This is a 3 blade ceiling fan that rotates at a maximum speed of 370 revolutions per minute (RPM) making an outstanding performance.
This appliance comes in different colours such as the ivory white giving your house an attractive and elegant look in your house. Crompton Hill Briz 1200mm Ceiling Fan having the amazing design, it is a power-efficient ceiling fan that makes sure you save up on your energy.
It has the following features;
- It has a 2-years warranty from the company
- The number of settings in the ceiling fan is 5
- Power consumption is 70 watts
- It has a powerful motor that works at a speed of 370 revolutions per minute
- This ceiling fan is capable of delivering air over a large area as it is light
- The noiseless operation is enabled by the double ball bearing motor
- An outstanding distribution of air
- High speed due to its extra-light body
- Its aesthetic design
- Noiseless operations
- The ceiling fan can be used for indoor and outdoor use
- The fan tends to make noise as time goes by
- The blades are not of high quality as expected
- It tends to consume a lot of energy as compared to the other ceiling fans.
3. Havells Pacer 1200mm Ceiling Fan
In case you are looking for a fan that will blend with your interior design, this is the best ceiling fan you can go for . Itare looking for a fan with a modern design is known to blend well with your interior and bring out an elegant look in your home. This amazing feature makes it one of the leading and affordable ceiling fans in India.
As the name suggests, the 3 blade ceiling fan has a high speed of 400 revolutions per minute covering a very large area and suitable for big rooms. Having a double ball bearing motor, this Havells Pacer 1200mm Ceiling Fan has an outstanding performance while cooling your surrounding.
It has the following features;
- High speed of 400 RPM
- Power consumption of 75 watts
- A 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
- It has a speed setting of 4
- A powerful motor for maximum air delivery
- A 3 blade design
- It is ideal for modern innovative design
- It has a double ball bearing motor that ensures friction is reduced and the operation is as smooth as possible
- The presence of twin canopies conceals the mess brought by the electric wirings.
- It is a lightweight fan that directs air to a large area in the room
- It is a high-speed ceiling fan
- The high speed decreases as time goes by
- You may find it difficult installing the nut bolts
- Its tendency to jiggle as time goes by
4. Crompton HS Plus 48-inch 53-Watt Power Saver Ceiling Fan
Apart from our top choice, Crompton HS Plus 48-inch 53-Watt Power Saver Ceiling Fan is one of the best-rated fans in India. It has a BEE rating of 5 star that gives it the capability of saving up on your power. Being the leading ceiling fan you can purchase for your home, Crompton HS plus delivers air efficiently to every part of your room.
This model has a simple design with a very powerful motor for better air circulation in your surroundings. Its features include the following;
- It is a 1200mm ceiling fan that ensures fresh air is delivered to every part of your room
- It saves up energy due to its 5-star BEE rating
- This model makes no noise at all during its operations
- This product comes with a 2-year warranty from the company
- Its durability and reliability is maintained by the double ball bearing
- It consumes 53 watts of electricity
- A double ball bearing motor
- Noiseless operations
- Saves up on electricity
- A powerful motor
- An outstanding performance
- It is a bit expensive
- The tendency to make noise as time passes
- Reduces speed as times goes by
5. Havells Nicola 1200mm Ceiling Fan
This brand is widely known to manufacture the best quality ceiling fans with an aesthetically pleasing look. Havells Nicola 1200mm Ceiling Fan automatically adds a stylish look to your home due to its metallic finish.
Its powerful performance makes it a powerful fan to circulate air in your rooms and your offices too. Another amazing thing is that this ceiling fan comes in a pack of two giving you the opportunity of matching your living room with your bedroom. Here are some of its features;
- A 2-year warranty from the company
- It has a high-efficient motor
- Power consumption of 74 watts
- The number of speed settings is 4
- The motor speed is of 350 revolutions per minute that makes sure air is delivered to every corner of your room
- Its aluminium body ensures it is durable and powerful at the same time
- It is very easy to clean due to its elegant design
- It has a noiseless operation
- It has a double ball bearing
- The presence of two canopies to hide the mess brought by the electric wiring
- The best for large rooms and offices
- The powerful motor delivers air to every corner of your room
- A bit expensive
- Mediocre performance as time passes
- Consumes 74 watts which are very high
6. Crompton Uranus 1200mm Ceiling Fan
In case you are looking for a ceiling fan with an elegant design, Crompton Uranus 1200mm Ceiling Fan is the best option you can go for. It has a lighting accessory that adds light to your room and gives your room a stylish look too. Anaesthetic design is added to by its lampshades.
With this ceiling fan consuming 72 watts of power, it makes sure the air is evenly distributed to every corner of the room. Its motor is also very powerful since it can disseminate air to every part. It has the following features;
- Low power consumption of 72 watts
- A reliable and powerful 320 RPM motor
- An elegant gold finishing design
- This Crompton Uranus ceiling fan is made to deliver a noiseless operation
- A 2-years warranty from the manufacturer
- The number of speed settings in this ceiling fan is 4
- It is very simple to install this ceiling fan
- It adequately delivers air to every corner of the room
- It is an affordable ceiling fan
- Low power consumption
- Its speed is of high quality
- Bulbs are not included in the lighting accessories
- There is no remote control
7. Atomberg Renesa + 1200 mm BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Ceiling Fan
Due to the hot climate in India, Atomberg Renesa+ 1200 mm BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Ceiling Fan has introduced an energy-efficient product that has an elegant design that will make your house look attractive and blend with your interior design. Being the most innovative ceiling fan brand in India, it has come up with a lot of technologies that deliver air in every corner efficiently.
One of the technology is the brushless direct current technology which means that the fan can be connected to a regular AC supply which is the most common type of supply in India. Some of these brands feature include;
- A brushless DC motor that reduces friction and the power that is lost with it, therefore, saving on electricity.
- The fan consumes 28 watts of power when running at its highest speed and 6 watts running on the lowest speed.
- It has a durable aluminium alloy body which makes the blade rust-free
- The fan has a smart app that enables you to control it even at the comfort of your bed. It has features such as sleep mode, boost mode and also timer mode.
- The best performance due to an efficient brushless motor
- It has a noiseless operation
- A smart control managing all its functions
- It highly delivers air to every corner of the room
- It has no heating issues
- Poor build quality
- It randomly stops after continued use.
- The plastic used on the remote control is very cheap
8. Havells Rilla Energy Leganza 1200mm Ceiling Fan
This ceiling fan is one of the most stylish fans from the Havells appliances that have an attractive look and that can blend well with your interior decor. It is a 4-blade ceiling fan delivering air efficiently to every part of the room no matter how large the room is.
This Havells Rilla Energy Leganza 1200mm Ceiling Fan is very durable and is a very good choice that will help you stay cool during every summer. Here are some of its features that include the following;
- It consumes a maximum amount of 72 watts
- It has a powerful motor that has a speed of 350 RPM
- The number of settings is 4
- It is suitable for a large room of about 100 square feet
- It has a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
- The speed of this fan is of high quality
- It has a creative design
- It has a powerful motor that protects it in case there is a thermal overload
- It has 4 blades that are the size of 1200mm or 48 inches
- Exotic blade trims
- Ideal for home and office spaces
- For indoor use only
- Makes harsh noise after using it for a while
- It is a bit pricey
9. Atomberg Efficio 1200 mm BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Ceiling Fan
Atomberg appliances are uniquely designed to meet your desires in case you are looking for any appliance. This ceiling fan uses the minimum amount of electricity for it to operate. It only consumes 28 watts proving it is power efficient. This Atomberg Efficio 1200 mm BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Ceiling Fan has fans that work at a constant speed even if there are cases of high voltage fluctuations. It has the following features;
- It has a brushless direct current technology that can deliver air to every part of your rooms no matter how large they are
- This ceiling fan can be controlled from the comfort of your bed using a smart app.
- Atomberg efficio ceiling fan is normally used in large luxurious living rooms
- It is a 3-blade ceiling fan
- Low power consumption
- A BLDC motor
- A smart remote with a sleep mode to decrease the speed of the fan after every 2 hours, timer mode and a boost mode
- A 2-year warranty by the manufacturer and a 1-year warranty extended upon registration
- It is a bit expensive
- Speed reduces after using it for a while
10. Orient Electric Aeroslim 1200mm Smart Premium Ceiling Fan
This is one of the ceiling fans that are in the market and are equipped with internet technology as the name suggests. It, therefore, ensures that you have a smart fan in your home. One of the internet technologies is the inverter technology that makes sure that your energy is saved up to 40% as the fan functions at a low voltage of 140V.
This Orient Electric Aeroslim 1200mm Smart Premium Ceiling Fan ensures that air is delivered efficiently to every corner of the room than any other fan in the market. It has the following features;
- An adjustable ceiling that can be mounted on your wall
- It has a remote control that enables you to manage your ceiling fan from wherever you are.
- An orient smart app that has both Alexa and googles assistant voice controls
- A hydraulic finish that blends well with your interior design
- A very powerful BLDC motor
- It is a smart ceiling fan
- It has an elegant design
- IoT is enabled
- Exceptional delivery of air
- It is a bit pricey
- Requires professional assistance for you to install
What to Look for When Buying a Ceiling Fan in India?
Most people think that all fans are the same but it may surprise you to find out that they are not. All ceiling fans have different features that you should consider while purchasing it. The main factor expected from any seller selling a ceiling fan is to deliver a fan that can give maximum airflow and consume low power. Here are some of the things you should consider before buying a ceiling fan.
1. Fan blade number and the size
This is one of the specifications that will help you establish the best ceiling fans. The size will also fit in your home according to your structure and design or how big your rooms are. There is a rule that says, the more the number of blades the quieter the ceiling fan will be in disseminating air into every part.
The perfect number of blades you should consider while buying a fan is from 3 to 5 in order to attain the average amount of air circulated and also the level of noise emitted by the fan that you can tolerate.
A 52-inch fan is ideal for a 400 square foot room while a 1200mm ceiling fan is ideal for a room that is up to 225 square foot.
2. Location of the fan
While purchasing a ceiling fan always consider where to locate the fan and perfectly mount it in your home. Some fans are bought for indoor purposes and others for outdoor purposes. You should also have in mind that some ceiling fans are well installed in a sloping surface.
Consider the height of your ceiling fan too for the purposes of installing. For normal ceiling fans, your ceiling height should at least be 8 feet but if your ceiling height is less than 8 feet, get a smaller ceiling fan
After you purchase a ceiling fan, you are always advised to get help from a professional electrician who will assist you in installing the fan in the right way. A professional electrician is essential when your electrical wiring is in a place that you want to install your ceiling fan and you’re familiar with the wiring.
However, if you decide to install it on your own, read the manual guide which almost all ceiling fans come with and that indicates every step you should take while installing it.
4. The motor
The presence of a motor is used to provide noiseless operation and to efficiently drive the blades to disseminate air to every part of the room. If you want a ceiling fan that will do heavy-duty windings it is good to buy a fan that has a good quality motor and also the one that has permanently lubricated bearings.
Powerless motors are not an ideal option since they will produce noisy operations, higher temperatures than required and or even lower air circulation. You should consider purchasing a fan with a high-quality motor since they are long-lasting and they tend to deliver for a long period of time.
5. Energy savings
For areas that are very hot like in India, it is essential to buy a fan to improve your comfort in your home and also save your cost on electricity. Many people complain about the high cost of energy they get to pay at the end of every month in order to keep their appliances running. Having that in mind it is the best time to consider purchasing a fan that will give you the best services and also not consume a lot of energy. For instance, if it is in summer, the ceiling fan will allow you to feel the cool environment without necessarily turning on the air conditioner thus saving on energy by 40%.
6. Know where to buy the fan
All appliances are easily damaged even if you are not the one at fault. There are also counterfeit appliances that are sold every day in the market. This is the reason why you should buy from a reputable brand to avoid purchasing any fake item that will not serve you for as long as you would like.
If you are not satisfied with the quality of your ceiling fan, always talk to the company in the case of any damage claim or if you need any warranty. Many customers end up being disappointed with their products because of lack of knowledge or asking for advice from the manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every time a buyer wants to buy an appliance there are a lot of questions that they may ask. Well here are some of the answers to the commonly asked question that most buyers need to ask in order to purchase a ceiling fan
1. Do the ceiling fans come with a regulator?
Most fans are sold without a regulator but it is then indicated that the regulator is absent and you are supposed to buy from the market. Most ceiling fans have an electric motor and its metallic blades. For you to regulate the amount of air that is disseminated into your surroundings you will need a regulator.
This regulator is used to manage the voltage levels in a fan. If you lower the speed of the fan then you have automatically lowered the voltage but if you increase the fans speed then you have raised the voltage of your fan
2. Do ceiling fans with metal blades rust?
Most of the ceiling fans have a protective coating on them protecting them from rusting. This is what makes it hard for the metal blades to rust. The coat is made up of UV powder paint that diminishes the chances of the metal blade from rusting.
Some ceiling fans might be exposed to salty air, moisture or even sand. This might result in the fan rusting and this is where you get to buy a blade that has a minimum of 304-grade stainless steel blades.
3. What is the lowest ceiling height for a ceiling fan?
One of the commonly asked questions when purchasing a ceiling fan is the perfect fan for the lowest ceiling height. You might be surprised to learn that almost all fans are designed to fit in an 8-foot ceiling. This is the ideal height for all ceiling fans that are available.
For a standard fan to be rated okay to use in an 8-foot ceiling fan, the blades fan should be at least 7 feet from the floor upon installation.
4. What is a 1200mm sweep in a ceiling fan?
The amount of air that is brought by the ceiling fan generally corresponds to its sweep. A ceiling fan that has a higher sweep is known to deliver a high amount of air to condition your environment. A 1200mm sweep in a ceiling fan is the best you can choose since it is sufficient for a large room or even a medium-sized room.
A ceiling fan with such sweep is ideal for a room that is of the size(10’by12’). In places like India where it is too hot, a 1200mm sweep in a ceiling fan is the best option
5. How much does a ceiling fan consume electricity?
In order for a ceiling fan to function, it must be attached to a power supply. The main reason why this fan should be attached to a ceiling fan is that it uses an electric motor to rotate its blades or paddles. The main aim of having a ceiling fan is to help you cool your room when it is too hot and sometimes warm your room when it is too cold.
Most ceiling fans that range between 36 and 56 inches, they consume 100 watts of power but typical and standard ceiling fans that are 48 inches will consume 75 watts of electricity.
For you to get relief from the heat that is in the environment, you have to let a ceiling fan do the work for you. They work in an amazing way of making sure your room is as cool as possible without consuming a lot of energy.
Recently there has been a lot of competition from all manufacturers that manufacture ceiling fans. All companies are coming up with ideas to make their products unique and of quality, for them to sell in the market. It is then your job to read and understand all the above information for you to purchase the best quality ceiling fan from the top ceiling fans brands in India.